PhD Thesis Prize
On DYMAT2021, the Governing Board of the European Association for the Promotion of Research into the Dynamic Behaviour of Materials and its Applications will award one PhD Thesis prize to recognize the excellence of a recent PhD in dynamic behaviour of materials and its applications.
Personal prize: 2000€
The candidate must have successfully defended his/her PhD Thesis at the home institution in the September 1st, 2018 – April 15, 2021 period;
The candidate must have at least one first-author manuscript published or accepted for publication in an international journal.
The winner has to be available to attend onsite the DYMAT2021 conference.
The application must include:
- Extended 6 pages abstract of the PhD Thesis (in English);
- CV of the applicant, including:
- Full citation of a first-author manuscript (published or accepted for publication);
- Full list of publications;
- List of academic and professional awards, if applicable;
- Relevant professional experience, including teaching duties, if applicable;
- An electronic copy of the PhD diploma or certificate;
- An electronic copy or link to the PhD Thesis document;
- An electronic copy of the first-author manuscript.
A selection of candidates will be asked to present his/her work to the panel at the occasion of dedicated webinar sessions. Webinar sessions will be organized and broadcasted in May-June 2021 (15 minutes per selected applicant), then recorded and available on Dymat website.
Call deadline: April 15, 2021 (midnight, Madrid time).
DYMAT PhD Thesis Prize Selection Committee*
DYMAT Governing Board members (chair: DYMAT President) and the International Advisory Committee of the Conference
Candidates will be evaluated based both on the application documents and the oral presentation.
* In case an applicant should be applying from the same lab as a member of the DYMAT PhD Thesis Prize Selection Committee, this member will automatically be excluded from the final assessment of this candidate.
The candidate should submit the requested documents via email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org